I'm still trying to cook something exciting every night with stuff we have in the house instead of ordering in or eating out every single night. It's hard as hell!
We had pork chops in the freezer, so I decided to try out some pork chops. I remember being a child and hating pork chops, but I feel like I'm kind of an adult right now, so may as well give them a try.
I made these in the slow cooker with soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, a touch of honey, and chopped onions. Then I made some instant mashed potatoes and canned corn and it turned into an old people festival in my house!!
It tasted so, so good. AND it actually filled Frank up. He ate one and a half chops.
He was only full for so long, and had gotten home a bit early since he had to go vote, so there was a little extra time before we settled in to watch the new ep of Ink Master. Frank commissioned me to make a homemade dessert, so I decided to whip up some simple cupcakes. So easy!
http://www.food.com/recipe/basic-cupcakes-215703
I didn't have any liners for the pan, so I got Frank to help out and cut parchment paper into12 squares for me to act as tin liners so nothing was gonna stick. I thought that was pretty good thinkin' on my toes. I had a bit of extra vanilla frosting in the fridge, so I used that for half, and then I had a request for Fluff to be the icing for the other half. I just used straight up Fluff and slapped it on.
Not pretty, but they tasted awesome, and I've never made cupcakes (or cake for that matter) from scratch. Saving this recipe! About 20 mins in the oven and they were ready to eat.


No comments:
Post a Comment