Sunday, February 23, 2014

I really need to be taking more pictures of stuff.

Here's the last two days of food journaling:

Sat feb 22:

breakfast - 2 small pickled beets. the cutest ever!
lunch - I waited way too long to eat and then I got flustered out on the road. I had to make a pit stop at McDonalds which I didn't want to do. I ended up getting a unsweetened tea and a grilled chicken and bacon salad. Barf.
dinner - I had been preparing dinner all day in the slow cooker - coq au vin. The recipe is linked. It turned out really really good! I just put the amount of everything that I felt like, I didn't follow the recipe other than how to actually do it. Frank loves it cause it's rich, which isn't my favorite flavor profile, but I was very impressed with how the chicken thighs turned out. Side of romaine hearts and spinach with balsamic and evoo.
snack - 3 squares 85% cocoa bar from Whole Foods.

Sun, Feb 23

Today was the first day that I was hungry. But I held off till dinner.

breakfast - Starbucks grande Cafe Verona, black.
lunch - 1 hard boiled egg with dried dill weed and s & p. a couple red grapes. 2 dried Sunsweet d'noir plums.
                                                    yum.

dinner - Lobster tail, lobster claw meat and a few cooked shrimps!! thanks Dottie.
snack - some more dried plums. a couple more grapes. a square of 85% cocoa bar.

Today was the first day that I exercised, other than just taking the dog for a brisk walk like I usually do. My workout consisted of 10 lunges, 12 squats, 10 wall push ups, and 2 x 50 meter sprints. I also did a few As, Bs, and Cs from my old hurdle work outs. Before that, I took the dog for a half hour walk. It felt great to be out there running!! Although none of the joints of my bad leg wanted to really work. My ankle and knee were NOT having it during the sprints, so I'm going to work my way up to faster and faster sprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment